The building was formerly the coach house to the Wanlip Hall (demolished in 1939). In 1955 the Palmer-Tomkinson family generously donated the coach house to the Parish Church for use as the Church Rooms. In order to maximise the potential of the facilities offered by the Hall a partnership was formalised in February 2009 between the Birstall & Wanlip Parochial Church Council (who remain as owners of the Hall) and the Wanlip Parish Meeting creating the Wanlip Church and Community Centre
A ‘Management Committee’ was set up as a sub-committee of the Birstall & Wanlip Parochial Church Council to co-ordinate the refurbishment, promotion and oversight of the day to day running and maintenance of the building.
Chairman: John Ward (Church Warden)
Treasurer: Kay Lewin
Secretary: Doreen Wilson
Revd. Vince Jupp (Rector, Parish of Birstall & Wanlip)