The Hall at Wanlip

The building was formerly the coach house to the Wanlip Hall (demolished in 1939). In 1955 the Palmer-Tomkinson family generously donated the coach house to the Parish Church for use as the Church Rooms. In order to maximise the potential of the facilities offered by the Hall a partnership was formalised in February 2009 between the Birstall & Wanlip Parochial Church Council (who remain as owners of the Hall) and the Wanlip Parish Meeting creating the Wanlip Church and Community Centre

A ‘Management Committee’ was set up as a sub-committee of the Birstall & Wanlip Parochial Church Council to co-ordinate the refurbishment, promotion and oversight of the day to day running and maintenance of the building.

Committee Members

Chairman:  John Ward (Church Warden)

Treasurer:  

Secretary:  Doreen Wilson

Revd. Vince Jupp (Rector, Parish of Birstall & Wanlip)

Kay Lewin

Phil Walling

Debbie Shepherd (Church Warden)

Julie Ward


Links


Birstall & Wanlip Churches: URL: http://www.birstall.org/


Wanlip Village: URL: http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/wanlip/